There is an old wives tale that moth balls will deter snakes.  This is not true at all.  There is no evidence found to back that rumor.  On the contrary though, moth balls are terrible for the ecosystem.  They are poison and can be consumed by other wildlife with devastating consequences. These little horrible smelling toxic white balls tend to work their way up the food chain with heartbreaking results.  Humans can also suffer the symptoms of moth ball exposure, these include, but are not limited to: headache, dizziness and nausea.  Can we all just agree to leave these cancer causing, disgusting, toxic poison balls on the store shelves?